Care Lodge provides emergency safe shelter and crisis intervention for individuals fleeing domestic violence. All residents receive comprehensive services to best meet their needs and increase their chances of successfully overcoming the many impacts of domestic violence.
The shelter operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Services in Shelter include, but are not limited to:
- 3 meals per day and snacks
- Individualized Case Management
- Clothing and Personal Hygiene Items
- Crisis Intervention
- Individual/Group Counseling
- Information and Referrals to Community Resources
- Employment Skills
Safe Haven Pet Program
The Safe Haven Program is a partnership with the Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine to provide short-term boarding program to benefit shelter clients and their pets. Shelter clients who flee domestic violence with their pets have access to free services such as:
- boarding and food
- heartworm and parasite testing and treatment
- spay or neuter surgeries
- flea and tick control
- any other medically necessary treatment
- transportation to and from the hosting animal clinic
Since the program started, 56 animals have spent a total of 1,700 days in the program.