Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the team!
**If you are interested in one of our postings, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the "Subject" line, please type the title of the position and your full name.
**We currently have 1 position available at this time.
Position Title: Residential Aide
Reports to: Shelter Director
Job Summary: To provide day/night/weekend or holiday shelter supervision and operation; Maintains the 24/7 crisis hotline.
- Agree to abide by policies and procedures of the agency
- To be security minded and cognizant of client and shelter needs
- Screen telephone calls for shelter entry and make referrals on other calls
- Assess and assist new clients into shelter who meet admission criteria
- Address immediate needs of new client upon contact
- Conduct initial intake on new clients coming to the shelter and provide assistance with getting settled
- Supervise food preparation, distribution of supplies and donations to clients
- Supervise cleaning of the shelter
- Apply shelter guidelines
- Document thoroughly all pertinent information on the staff diary sheet, green sheets, etc.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and in-service training sessions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in social services, house management, and crisis intervention preferred
- Office skills helpful
* Will discuss at time of interview
Dependent on qualifications, salary will be discussed at offer of employment. Health insurance is offered free of charge to the employee.