This workshop is designed to challenge attendees to participate as a local community member in contrast to their role as a working professional. Participants will strengthen their role as a bystander through: examining acts of power-based personal violence, exploring personal barriers, and demonstrating proactive and reactive actions to prevent violence in the community.
1. Observing the role of the bystander
2. Recognizing high risk situations (red dots)
3. Understanding obstacles to action (personal/professional barriers)
4. Exploring skills for effective intervention (reactive green dots)
5. Exploring skills for effective intervention (proactive green dots)