Choose your route and log your time!
The pandemic has been a great challenge for many as they attempt to become safe from abuse. Proceeds from this race will be used to help victims with their immediate needs as they leave unsafe situations.⠀
Run the distance for your category during the qualifying period (October 11th-17th, 2020)
Two ways to submit your time:
- Post a screenshot of your distance and time to the Break Away 5K Facebook event page using the hashtag #breakaway5k
- Send a screenshot of your distance and time to email@example.com and put “Virtual 5K Results” in the subject line
Special awards will be given for:
Fastest 5K run time (male and female)
Fastest 5K walk time (male and female)
Best “Break Away 5K” photo
Best GPS Art made from your mapped route
Registration fee is included with shirt costs based on the style you choose.
Click here to get your shirt and register for the race today!
Don't Need a T-Shirt but still want to participate? Register Below!
Break Away 5K FAQs
How can I compete?
The competitive categories are:
- Fastest 5K run time (male and female)
- Fastest 5K walk time (male and female)
- Best "Break Away 5K" photo - We are looking for a creative photo with Break Away 5K t-shirts or posters as well as any other visual way you want to show your support! This category will be voted on by current shelter residents!
- Best GPS Art made from your mapped route- route art can be created through an app called Strava and various other apps.
Do I have to do all the categories?
No! However, we would encourage you to compete in at least one and interact with us on our social media using the hashtag #breakaway5k!
Do I have to walk or run at a track?
No! We would encourage you to walk or run wherever/however you feel most comfortable! This could be around the neighborhood or on a treadmill! Every step counts to bring hope to victims of domestic violence!
Do I have to do my walk or run at a certain time?
No! As long as your time is submitted by the 11:59 pm on October 17, 2020!
How do I submit my times and/or photos?
A "screenshot" of your run/walk time from your phone/watch/other tracking device is acceptable for the run and walk times. We would love it if you would post a photo of your run/walk time and entries into the photo/GPS art competitions through our Break Away 5K Facebook event using the hashtag #breakaway5k. We do understand some people don't want to use social media, so we will also accept times and photos through our email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What prizes are available?
Top Winners in the Run and Walk categories will receive a $50 Amazon gift card!
Other prizes include:
A Combo and Cup Koozie from Next Level Nutrition
Lunch Box with Hummus from Charcuterie Chick
Arbonne Wellness Products
VIP Passes to HYPE!
Gift Certificate from Moonpie
How will I know if I win?
Winners will be announced on Friday, October 23rd via the Care Lodge social media pages!